Preparation time: approx. 15 minutes
Baking time: approx. 30 minutes
yield: 3 Baguettes
- low Fructose
- low histamine
Substitutions for intolerances:
Apple cider vinegar: 1½ Tbsp wine vinegar or lemon juice
Carrots: Yellow or green zucchini
Sunflower seeds: Pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds
- 100 g carrots
- 100 g quinoa
- 150 g gluten-free wholemeal flour
- 150 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 60 g sunflower seeds
- 1½ tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin*
- ½ tsp cardamom*
- 2 level tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Approx. 250ml very sparkling mineral water
- Gluten-free flour for kneading
- Baking parchment
- Baking tray
- Pre-heat the oven to 230ºC (top/bottom heat). If possible, do not use a convection oven in order to prevent drying out.
- Wash the quinoa well in order to get rid of any bitterness and drain well in a sieve.
- Wash and peel the carrots, then cut into small pieces. Put the carrots and quinoa into a food processor and chop finely. You can also grate the carrots by Hand.
- Place the flour, sunflower seeds, baking soda and spices into a bowl and mix well.
- Fold in the carrots and quinoa with a spoon, then stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Stir in the mineral water. (Note: Do not use flat mineral water, otherwise the dough will not rise). You may need to adjust the amount of water depending on the type of flour. So just add half of the mineral water at first, then add a little more at a time as needed. Keep adding the mineral water until the dough comes together and has a firm consistency. It should no longer be sticky.
- Divide the dough into three pieces, sprinkle some flour onto the kitchen worktop and carefully roll the pieces into long shapes. Place the baguettes on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 230ºC (top/bottom heat) for approx. 27 – 30 minutes. Baguettes should be slightly darker than golden brown when ready.
- Once the baguettes are slightly darker than golden brown, remove them from the oven. Allow to cool. Enjoy!