For many people, a crispy pizza is the quintessential Italian food. With this ECARF recipe for homemade pizza with prosciutto and rocket, you can enjoy an evening with family and friends.
The recipes use ingredients that are free from the 14 most common allergens subject to mandatory labelling. This makes them suitable for many people with food allergies and also delicious for people without allergies!
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the dough
- 500g gluten-free all-purpose flour (without lupine protein)
- 15g active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g tomato puree
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 60g black olives
- 100g prosciutto
- Rocket leaves
- Black pepper, salt and oregano
- Stir the active dry yeast and the sugar into approx. 100 ml lukewarm water. Wait a moment for the yeast to proof and bubble. This might take around 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and the salt; drizzle in the olive oil. Add the yeast/water mixture and the rest of the lukewarm water (200 ml) and knead into a dough. You can use the dough hook of your mixer.
- Roll the out dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Keep a bowl of water handy for moistening your hands and the rolling pin while you roll out the dough.
- Leave it to rise in a warm place for around 30 minutes. (You can preheat the oven to 50°C, switch it off and put the baking tray with the dough into the oven. Place an oven rack with a well-dampened kitchen towel directly above it.)
- In the meantime, slice the tomatoes and olives. Slice the onion into rings or half rings.
- Once the dough has risen, remove from the oven, along with the oven rack with the kitchen towel. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Transfer the dough with the parchment paper from the baking tray to an oven rack to keep the dough from ‘sweating’ during baking.
- For an easy pizza sauce, spread some tomato puree onto the risen pizza base and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, salt and oregano. Or you can make the sauce yourself: Skin the fresh tomatoes, place in a pot with some olive oil and cook them down. Blend them to a puree and season with pepper, salt and oregano. Spread onto the pizza base.
- Arrange the prepared vegetables on top of the tomato sauce and bake the pizza in the oven for around 20 – 30 minutes at 220°C (upper and lower heat).
- Top the pizza with the prosciutto and the rocket.
ECARF wishes you “buon appetito”!