Low-allergen Asian-Style Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Milk.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- low histamine
Substitutions for intolerances:
Mango: quince, papaya, apple, carrot
Sweet potatoes: regular potatoes
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (thumb-sized)
- 1 piece of fresh curcuma (thumb-sized) or 3 tsp curcuma powder
- 800g pumpkin
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 ripe mango
- 1l vegetable stock or broth
- 500ml coconut milk
- 3 pinches of salt
- 2 pinches of pepper*
- 3 pinches cumin*
- 3 pinches cardamom*
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper*
- 1 tsp curry powder*
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin seed oil or flaxseed oil
- Finely chop the shallot and garlic. Peel the ginger and curcuma (note: wear gloves) and cut into small pieces or cubes.
- Wash the pumpkins, sweet potato and mango and roughly chop into pieces of approx. 3 cm. Remove the seeds from the pumpkins and peel them. Also peel the mango and sweet potato.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the shallots and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and curcuma. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin and cardamom and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and fruit to the pot, pour in the vegetable stock and bring briefly to a boil. Simmer for approx. 20 until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the coconut milk and blend with an immersion blender.
- Season the soup to taste with salt, pepper and the other spices.
- If desired, drizzle on some pumpkin seed oil or flaxseed oil and sprinkle on some pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!