- 200g oatmeal
- 50g corn starch
- 100g ground almonds (in case of intolerance, grated coconut or coarse rice flour can also be used)
- 2Tbs baking powder
- 350g ground carrots
- 200g yoghurt (we used soy yoghurt)
- 2 tablespoons ground linseed or chia seeds
- 120g agave syrup
- 150ml milk (we used rice drink)
- 2Tbs neutral oil
- Optional: (vegetable) cream cheese as topping
Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the linseeds with 4 tablespoons of water and let it swell for 10 minutes. Mix the dry ingredients together. Stir yoghurt, agave syrup, linseed pulp, oil and milk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix to a sticky dough. Fold in the carrots.
The dough should have the consistency of a fairly thick pancake dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes. If the dough thickens too much, add some liquid. Spread the dough on muffin cups. Fill them to about 2/3 of their capacity. Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden stick comes out reasonably clean. Leave to cool.
Stir cream cheese with a little milk and agave syrup until smooth. Spoon the mixture onto the muffins.