The recipe uses ingredients that are free from the 14 most common allergens subject to mandatory labelling. This makes it suitable for many people with food allergies and also delicious for people without allergies!
Lemon sherbet will keep you cool and your head clear. Fresh mint, ginger, berry puree or lemon balm can be added to the sherbet to your liking.
Ingredients (makes 1 litre)
- 4 lemons
- 1 lime, unwaxed
- 50g sugar
- 300ml warm water
- 700ml mineral water (more if needed)
- Ice cubes
- Optional: fresh mint, lemon balm, berry puree, ginger
- Juice the lemons. Rinse the lime well with water and slice.
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water and allow to cool.
- Add the lemon juice and mineral water.
- Leave the sherbet to chill in the refrigerator.
- To serve, add thin slices of lime and ice cubes, if necessary, to the sherbet.
- Dilute the sherbet with mineral water if you like.
- Add fresh mint, lemon balm or fresh ginger to the sherbet to your liking. You can also put some berry puree in the glass and top it up with the sherbet.
Other allergy-friendly recipes for you to try.